What to Expect
We understand you may want to participate in your inspection. We are excited to have you along and here to help! We will be happy to discuss and explain any findings and their impact on your investment, in addition to providing a detailed digital report. Below you'll find etiquette and some FAQ's if you plan on attending your home inspection.
Preparing for your Inspection
1. Please confirm with your agent that all utilities are on and working, so that a full and thorough inspection can be completed.
2. Plan to participate but please do not attempt to climb any ladders, access any restricted spaces including attics, crawlspaces, and/or equipment rooms/closets, or touch any potentially hazardous equipment including gas fired appliances or electrical componentry.
3. Prepare any questions you may have and we'll be happy to answer them.
1. Can I follow my home inspector? Yes! Your inspector will instruct you regarding field safety and restrictions but will be happy to have you tag along. Time is valuable, so please respect your inspector's time in completing your inspection.
2. How long will it take? A high quality, comprehensive home inspection should be no less than 2 hours, depending on the square footage of the property. However, a typical inspection will take 3-4 hours.
3. How much does the inspection cost? Please refer to the Services Page of our website for a price list and feel free to give us a call if you have any questions!
4. Do you offer a warranty? A home inspection is a professional opinion based on the condition of the home at the time of the inspection. Think of this as your home's check-up. It provides useful information on your home's current health and maintaining your home's health, but there is no guarantee or warranty that systems will never fail in your home. Home warranty programs are available from various providers. We would be happy to work with you and your Realtor to help you contact a warranty company.